Bracing for the Vatability of Registered Business Enterprises’ (RBE) Purchases + Lease Deductibility (IFRS 16) + Social Media Influencer’s Taxation & Alike
June 3, 2022 - 12:59 PM
This webinar will discuss the following topics:
- Social Media Influencers and Digital Earners Taxation
- Tax Residency Certificate
- VATability on Registered Business Enterprises (RBE) Purchases
- International Reporting Standard 16 (Leases)
Digitalization, Registered Business Enterprises & Lease Deductibility: What do these 3 have in common?
All of these may have substantial financial and taxation impacts that affected taxpayers should look out for. Since taxation extends far and beyond, the BIR continues to improve its tax regulation on taxpayers earning through digital means, taxpayers registered as RBEs, and may even extend to taxpayers claiming lease deductions adopting PFRS 16.
In this course, we aim to assist our participants on how they will adapt to the amendments and also utilize the possible benefits the changes had brought. The course will cover the following exciting topics:
- Social Media Influencers and Digital Earners Taxation – This discussion aims to provide knowledge to taxpayers who are earning through the emerging social media communities and digital economy on how they can be compliant with their taxes, and the consequences for non-compliance. More importantly, this topic also intends to assist taxpayers in how to utilize the available tax treaty benefits and bypass double taxation.
- Tax Residency Certificate (TRC) – This course aims to share the detailed procedures and requirements on how to apply for a TRC and its corresponding benefit to taxpayers.
- VATability on Registered Business Enterprises (RBE) Purchases – This course aims to gain a better understanding on the BIR regulation issuances related to the implementation of CREATE Act particularly on the VAT treatment of the transactions with registered business enterprises. At the end of the webinar, the participants are expected to have an understanding on the clarifications made by the BIR especially on its issuance of RMC No. 24-2022 and be able to identify the purchases which are “directly and exclusively” used in their registered project/activity which is crucial in determining the VATability of their purchases.
- International Reporting Standard 16 (Leases) – This discussion aims to tackle the basic know-how on lessee/ lessor accounting and the continuous improvements made in the IFRS 16 standard. This course also aims to provide general knowledge on its taxation impact.