Prescribe format of VAT Zero Percent (0%) Certification to be issued by Investment Promotion Agencies (IPA) to Registered Export Enterprises (REE)
Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) issued Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 36-2022 to establish a uniform template for VAT Zero Percent (0%) Certification to be issued by Investment Promotion Agencies (IPA) annually as presented to the Q and A No. 34 of RMC No. 24-2022
I. VAT Zero Percent Certification to Registered Export Enterprises contains:
- Registered export activity (i.e. manufacturing, IT BPO, etc);
- Tax incentives entitlement under agreed terms and conditions validity period; and
- The applicable goods and services (or category thereof), i.e. raw materials, supplies, equipment, goods, packaging materials, services, including the provision of basic infrastructure, utilities, and maintenance, repair and overhaul of equipment, and other expenditures directly attributable to the registered project or activity without which the registered project or activity cannot be carried out.
A copy of Template 1 format of VAT Zero Percent (0%) Certification to be issued to REE which is registered under CREATE Act, and Template 2 format for existing REE prior to CREATE is attached herewith for your reference.
For everyone’s guidance and perusal.
RMC No. 36-2022 Template 1.docx (live.com)
RMC No. 36-2022 Template 2.docx (live.com)
DISCLAIMER: The advisory is not a substitute for an expert opinion and is purely a general research that may have not considered the entirety of other related topics. Any tax and/or compliance advice is not intended or written by the author to be used, and cannot be used, by a client or any other person or entity for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed on by the regulatory bodies, or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any matters addressed herein.
The opinion or advice expressed in this advisory is based on the facts and circumstances gathered. Any inaccuracy in any of the assumptions set forth above may have the effect of changing all or part of this report, and this report may not apply. The advice is based on our interpretation of the provisions of the Code, the Revenue Regulations promulgated and issued by the tax bureau, BIR positions as set forth in published Revenue Rulings, other pronouncement, orders and circulars, and judicial decisions in effect on the date of this report, any of which could be changed at any time. Any such changes may be retroactive and could significantly modify the statements and opinions/ advice expressed herein In effect, this might render the advisory obsolete or incorrect in partial or in full. We undertake no obligation to advise you of changes that may hereafter be brought to our attention.
- Application for SEC’s Grant of Amnesty on or before April 30, 2023
- Risks of Penalty for not Disclosing the Company’s Beneficial Ownership under the SEC MC No. 15, Series of 2019
- Lazada Riders as Employees Under the Four-Fold Test
- New and Revised PFRSs for Annual Periods beginning on or after January 01,2023
- Further clarification of issues raised in transitory provisions for the VAT Zero-rate Incentives