Annual Income Tax Returns (AITR) for the taxable year ending December 21, 2020:
BIR Revenue Memorandum Circular No. 46-2021
(Clarifying the Deadline for Filing of Annual Income Tax Returns (AITR) for the Taxable Year ending December 31, 2020; Providing Guidelines in the Manner of Filing Thereof, Including the Use of Electronic Signature; and Reiterating Availability of eAFS)
The memorandum circular is issued to guide and inform the taxpayers and tax practitioners regarding the April 15, 2021 deadline of filing of Annual Income Tax Return (AITR) and the payment of taxes due.
A tentative AITR maybe filed on or before the deadline (APRIL 15, 2021). The return maybe amended on or before May 15, 2021 without imposition of increments. Provided that the taxpayer whose amended return will result in overpayment of taxes paid can opt to carry over the overpaid tax as credit against the tax due for the same tax type in the succeeding period or file for refund.
In addition, pursuant to Republic Act No. 8792 or the Electronic Commerce Act of 2000, all returns, attachments and documents identified above can be signed by the taxpayer or the authorized officer or signatory through an electronic signature. The electronic signature shall be deemed equivalent to an actual signature or “wet signature” for filing purposes. The availability of the eFPS Facility as an option in submitting hard copies of electronically filed AITR and its attachments, as circularized in RMC-49-2020, as amended
- Charting the New Frontier: How the 43rd ASEAN Summit Paves the Way for an Unprecedented Era of Trade and Innovation in Southeast Asia.￼
- Nine-dash line: An insight into the “Barbie” movie controversy, compliance, and taxation in the Philippines
- CRYPTO TAXES DECODED: UNDERSTANDING YOUR DIGITAL DUTIES
- Lazada, Shopee and Online Platform Merchants are Reminded of their Tax Obligations
- The Power of Tax Residency: A Guide to Maximizing Your YouTube Earnings