Updates in Intellectual Property
The Philippine Innovation Act (RA 11293) signed into law in July 2019 provides support and enhances the competitiveness of the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME’s) which champions technological advancements in the country. It also mandates the Intellectual Property Office to promote and streamline the registration and protection of intellectual property.
The Personal Property Security Act (RA 11057) signed into law August 2018 provides new means and requirements for creating, perfecting, and registering security over personal property in the Philippines. It recognizes the use of personal and intellectual property as collateral and aims to promote economic activity by increasing access to least cost credit particularly for MSME’s by establishing a unified and modern legal framework for securing obligations with personal property.
To get an in depth perspective of these laws, feel free to reach out to us.”
- Charting the New Frontier: How the 43rd ASEAN Summit Paves the Way for an Unprecedented Era of Trade and Innovation in Southeast Asia.￼
- Nine-dash line: An insight into the “Barbie” movie controversy, compliance, and taxation in the Philippines
- CRYPTO TAXES DECODED: UNDERSTANDING YOUR DIGITAL DUTIES
- Lazada, Shopee and Online Platform Merchants are Reminded of their Tax Obligations
- The Power of Tax Residency: A Guide to Maximizing Your YouTube Earnings