Updates in Intellectual Property
The Philippine Innovation Act (RA 11293) signed into law in July 2019 provides support and enhances the competitiveness of the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME’s) which champions technological advancements in the country. It also mandates the Intellectual Property Office to promote and streamline the registration and protection of intellectual property.
The Personal Property Security Act (RA 11057) signed into law August 2018 provides new means and requirements for creating, perfecting, and registering security over personal property in the Philippines. It recognizes the use of personal and intellectual property as collateral and aims to promote economic activity by increasing access to least cost credit particularly for MSME’s by establishing a unified and modern legal framework for securing obligations with personal property.
To get an in depth perspective of these laws, feel free to reach out to us.”
- Application for SEC’s Grant of Amnesty on or before April 30, 2023
- Risks of Penalty for not Disclosing the Company’s Beneficial Ownership under the SEC MC No. 15, Series of 2019
- Lazada Riders as Employees Under the Four-Fold Test
- New and Revised PFRSs for Annual Periods beginning on or after January 01,2023
- Further clarification of issues raised in transitory provisions for the VAT Zero-rate Incentives